So today, my sweet little Braxton sat down by me, took my face in his hands, and stared. Then he said, in the most precious tone, "Mom, you need a makeover." What?!?! I said, "Where did you hear that?" He said they say it on a cartoon. I still don't know what show he's talking about, but I couldn't believe he was saying it to me!! I had a good laugh. This is coming from my little 3 year old, who already has a thing for girls. There is a Young Woman in our ward, tall, skinny, blonde, very cute girl. She walked past us on Sunday and Braxton couldn't take his eyes off her. I told him to stop looking and he said, "I'm looking at that pretty girl." She happened to be the one to lead the music in Sacrament Meeting, so needless to say, Braxton held very still and watched-which doesn't happen very often. Then tonight for family prayer, Preston told him to say, "Thank you for Jesus" and Braxton changed it to "Thank you for girls." Why is my 3 year old acting like a teenager?!
Also tonight, Preston sat down by me and just stared for a few seconds. Then he said, in the same precious tone, "Your face looks really pretty today for some reason." Again, WHAT?!?! He was a bit thrown off that I didn't take this as a compliment, which he insisted it was. It took me back to a few months ago when he told me he wasn't "whooped" over me. But apparently to him, "whooped" is a bad thing. That's for guys that don't run their own lives anymore. They just follows someone around like a lap dog. Bla, Bla, Bla. I always thought that guys saying they're "whooped" was a good thing. Guess not. I asked some of my friends to tell me their take on this. The guys agreed that "whooped" is NOT good, the girls thought it WAS good. I'm still confused.
Word to the wise, if your Husbands or children try to give you a compliment in a roundabout way, just take it. Don't ask questions. Thank you Preston for liking my face today. I like you today, for some reason.
Unique Kids Bed
7 years ago
7 comments:
ROFL!
Ha ha, that is so funny.
That is hilarious!
Kids say the craziest things!
hilarious!
This is funny! That fishing game gets played with all the time at our house too. I'm not sure why, but like your boys, it keeps my kid's attention forever. I think Braxton was just staring at the blond, pretty girl cause she looks like his mom :-)
Oh Danielle, make the most of this situation and come down to St. George and let's have a spa day. No one can be mad because-they encouraged it ;)
P.S. You are Beautiful!
Post a Comment