Thursday, March 19, 2009

POOR LITTLE GUYS




What a week we've had. Braxton got sick Monday night and it lasted all day Tuesday. It was just a fever though. Then Mason got sick on Wednesday, throwing up, fever, chills, runny nose, and he still has it. I took them both to the Doctor today. Braxton started getting little blisters on his face. Apparently he is part of the 2% of kids that still get the CHICKEN POX even though he had the vaccine. The Doc. said it's probably only on his face because he had the vaccine. So I guess it could be a lot worse. Delightful. On top of that, he has strep throat. Mason has an ear infection and a viral thing that's been going around. I pray Mason won't get the chicken pox, because they don't do that vaccine until 12 months, so he hasn't had it. They're both on amoxicillin (which I really wish was an over-the-counter drug because that's what they always prescribe). So, sweet friends, don't bring any of your kids around my house for a while.


It breaks my heart to see my kids so sick, especially when there's nothing I can do about it. Preston has been awesome. He made dinner last night, did the dishes, and cleaned up the Living Room so I could go to bed before 9:00.


Thanks Mom and Dad for letting Braxton take your airplane to the Doctor so he didn't freak out!

3 comments:

tomandbritneyfamilyfun said...

Oh poor boys! I feel for you, my kids have been really sick too, and its no fun. Mason's picture made me smile though, what a cutie! I hope they get feeling better soon! Love, Britney

Candi said...

Those are the saddest pictures I've ever seen.
Here's hoping they get better soon. How are you feeling?

~Candi

ps - you notice how nice I'm being and how you don't deserve it, right?

pps - but your boys do. I really do hope they get better soon.

ppps - David Archuleta is currently BUTCHERING one of my favorite Neil Diamond songs. How do you sleep at night?

The Martin's said...

No fun I'm so over the sick kids I want summer and nice weather. I feel like Brent has been sick all winter.