Wednesday, May 6, 2009

OOPS-WAHOO-OOPS

Aren't we just precious?!






Lesson on safety and signing papers saying we won't sue if we get killed by a pig. Pretty much just pray you don't come across a Mama pig trying to nurse her babies, because she'll come after you.

Not one, but two pigs!! My first oops was thinking I missed my first shot. The wahoo was shooting at another pig right in front of me, and watching it drop to the ground. The second oops was discovering 2 dead pigs within 15 feet of each other.

In the morning, we didn't see much, and I was starting to get nervous that I might not even get a pig. As soon as the sun came out, pigs were everywhere! Preston and I were up on some rocks, and I had a perfect shot. We both thought I missed, because it didn't squeal, we didn't see it drop, and the pig Preston thought I was shooting at ran off. We were on our way down to make sure I didn't kill a pig, when one stepped out in front of us, and I was a trigger-happy-lunatic, so I shot AGAIN!! The second pig I shot was just a little guy, so I wish if I was going to pay the hundreds of dollars to shoot two pigs, that they were BOTH good sized pigs. We found out later that Preston's sister Trissy saw the first pig buckle, and hobble off. I should have called her. But oh well, 2 for 2 is ok I guess.














The big pig I shot was pregnant. 4 babies came spilling out. But the owner told us most of the females are in some stage of pregnancy. But it looked like her babies were almost cooked. I took pictures of them because it was really cool, but I won't post them. There may be some weak stomachs out there.













You would not believe the smell.














Tristalee is my hero!! Not only did she shoot a big pig, but she gutted it herself!! She was elbow deep in pick guts. I'm a gagger, so I could barely watch. Besides, someone had to feed everyone that had pig guts on their hands. I'll gladly do that.





My big pig was probably 130-140 pounds, and the little guy was only 60 or 70.















This was my first shot. If you look closely, you can see pigs running off. I even say "crap, I missed." It's pretty pathetic when the one with the scope can't even tell if they hit their target or not.


My SURVIVOR MAN moments-until my battery died. Before we started hunting we were told that after we kill pigs, someone has to stay by them to keep the other pigs from eating them. Our group had 9 tags total, and one 4-wheeler. My pigs were the first to die, so Preston left me to get the 4-wheeler, and every one else left me to kill their own pigs. I ended up being all by myself for about and hour and a half. It was TERRIFYING!! There were pigs all around me. They wanted the gut pile and the dead pigs which I had to defend. I was yelling and throwing rocks. Preston didn't want me to scare pigs away, but I don't care what he says. I didn't want pigs to eat me.


I gave Preston a hard time for planning a pig hunt for our Anniversary, but I haven't had that much fun in a LONG time. I would do it again in a heartbeat. It's a great hunt for wives and kids because there's so much action. We had a BLAST!!

8 comments:

Katie Snedeger said...

That does look like alot of fun! At least you know and have proof that you really do have good aim!

Douglas said...

And I thought the only thing you could kill were...ants.

Anonymous said...

Oh Danielle,such a cute little pig shooter your are. (Tell Preston that for some reason, even though your were TERRIFIED, you still looked cute for some reason?

Jared and Chrissy said...

Wow... just wow. I am not much of a hunter and just got sad hearing about the baby pigs, but good job!

Jeannie said...

you all mighty pig hunter! I want to go so bad that would be so fun!

Candi said...

Wow. In the first video Preston sounds like a narrator from a National Geographic special. Very impressive. And I love the "Blair Witch Project" feel of the second video.
Brian wants to know when the pig roast is and which wall you will be hanging the mounted heads on in your living room.

Bradshaw Fam said...

That's My Little Girl!!! Great Job.
Daddy Darth Wader is very pleased.

Amber said...

You guys are amazing!! I should say you are amazing. Seriously I am impressed you are a cool girl Preston did good!