Of course his eyes are crossed. It's Ethan, he's a goofball.
We went to my parents house last night to say goodbye to Ethan. I tried to be fast. Like ripping a band-aid off. I couldn't even talk, I was blubbering so bad. I haven't cried that hard in a loooong time. Sheesh, I'm really trying not to cry just writing this. I woke up this morning and said, o.k. no more crying. I'm fine. at about 8:45 my family came by to drop off their dog while they take Ethan to the MTC. At first just my Dad and Kaydon came in and Kaydon was blocking the door so I couldn't see Ethan sitting in the car, saying, "don't cry, no crying!" My Dad closes the door, then Ethan bursts in and says, "Sorry, Dad's my Companion." I had to fight back the tears. He looked like a Missionary and I knew that would be the last time I would see him in 2 long years. So Thanks alot family for dropping by and filling my day with tears. Just kidding, It was nice to see him 1 more time. Braxton keeps telling me to stop crying and just laugh. He also says, "It's o.k. Ethan be back in just a minute."I've had a Brother go on a Mission before, and don't get me wrong I was way sad and cried a lot, but nothing like this. We lived with my family while we were waiting for our house to sell. We've lived a few blocks away from them for almost 2 years. We watched all Ethans High School things and his soccer games. Plus, the kid is hilarious! He always makes me laugh! I'm going to miss him so much, but I would be much sadder if he didn't serve a Mission. I already sent a letter and a care package through DearElder.com this morning. I was doing o.k. this afternoon until I looked at the clock and realized it was almost 12:45 (when he enters the MTC). Then my brother Doug texted me these pictures. The one of Ethan walking away is a heart breaker! I know he'll be a great Missionary, and 2 years isn't that bad. Now I'll have to make sure I don't get pregnant because that will make these 2 years drag by even slower:)
5 comments:
that is sad he will be a great missionary!
I really don't know how bad you cried, but I remember in the room before I left you were a mess. I think you were a little worse than Mom. I think this time was easier on Mom... at least at the MTC because we just left him on the curb and said bye.
Ethan is such a good kid. He'll be a great missionary. Maybe to have the time past by faster you'll have to come hang out with us every once and a while.
Looks like you guys had a great christmas and New years. I love that you went Pheasant hunting with your hubby. Mine took me once but the whole time they were worried I was going to miss the bird and shoot their dog...... They really under-estimate what a great shot I am :) It is so hard to say good bye to your baby brother for two years I feel for ya I miss mine on a daily basis!
Hang on Danielle!
Post a Comment