Monday, February 8, 2010

Yep, That's Me!

Yesterday was my first Sunday playing the Organ in Sacrament Meeting. Brother Danielle Holgreen, that's me!! Boy I was nervous, but I did better than I expected. So hopefully I won't be as nervous next week. I have to play all of February, and I'll rotate with a few other people each month after that.

I've been thinking lately about things I want to learn and get accomplished this year. I broke out my guitar I've had for at least 10 years the other night. My cousin Randy helped me tune it. I got it for Christmas one year, and as I was tuning it, a string broke and nearly took out my eye. Ok, not really. It didn't hit my face, but it gave me a big welt on my arm. That freaked me out and I haven't done much with the guitar since. My goal is to learn to play it THIS YEAR.

I'm taking an EMT class, which I hope to pass in May. It's a really fun class, and I'm learning so much. We should be getting pagers soon so we can go on a few runs before our State Exam. I'm so excited!

I keep telling Preston that this is the year of "sweetness" for me. I want to be one of those girls that people say, "Oh she is such a sweet person." I know a few of them, and they are so precious! Always happy, cheerful, and super patient. But I realize that level of sweetness is out of my reach, so I will settle with being more positive, cheerful, patient, and less sarcastic-which if you know me, will be VERY HARD for me to do!! Sarcasm is my sense of humor, but as my Seminary Teacher always said, "Sarcasm is of the devil." Don't expect too much from me, but I really am trying to be a nicer person.

In the October 2009 Ensign there are a couple articles about BETTER BLOGGING. One of them talks about being a Blogging Missionary. Pretty much just saying, you never know who's reading your blog, so make sure you set a good example. Nothing on the Internet is private, so another article talks about being careful what kind of pictures you put on there. "The pictures of your children doing silly thins as little kids may be funny or cute right now, but imagine those same pictures appearing when your children are 12 or 45. Carefully consider the pictures you post and the things you write." BE POSITIVE "Blogs should not be a forum to complain or criticize people behind their backs. Instead, keep your comments positive." I have to be careful sometimes with not using my blog to vent. That's what my Husband is for:) Using my blog as a scrap book has helped me decide what kind of things I put on here. 5 years from now when I'm looking through it, I'm not going to want to read about things that were bothering me at the time.

If you get a chance to read those articles in the Ensign, you should do it. There are some good things to keep in mind.

3 comments:

Candi said...

"Bro. Holgreen". Bwahaha! That's funny. You did a great job. And I'm really excited to see all the sweetness you have to offer this year...

*rOcKiN rIcHiNs* said...

Listen Brother, I really enjoyed your post, and although I am a blogger complainer...I will try not to attack anyone but corporate America. There. I feel better:)

See you this weekend! Yay!!!

The Martin's said...

I seriously laughed out loud when I read that, Bro. Holgreen. That is great that you are playing the organ.