Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The New Years Shindig (minus the dancing).

You know you want to squeeze those cheeks!!
We spent New Years with Preston's family.
Finally!! Braxton, Mason, and I finally got to meet my niece Aliya. She's Jessi and Alex's baby. She's 3 1/2 months old. I hate that it took that long for me to see her!! But at least Preston saw her when she was a day old. That counts for something. My boys are crazy about her. Braxton wanted to hold her over and over again. He loves babies. He keeps telling people that his Mom is going to have a baby. What he doesn't mention is that his Mom is not going to have a baby yet, but eventually.
I wanted to take her home with us!! If she can't make a person baby hungry, I don't know what will!!

Aliya in her sweet onesie that was tie-dyed specifically for this occasion.
Oh so close. The boys stayed awake until about 11:15.

Grandma and Grandpa Brady have wicked fast hands. And Grandpa is the only one who can get away with cheating:)
No matter how hard Preston and I tried, we just couldn't beat Jessi and Alex. Then when Kale and Summer got there, no one could beat them either.
The New Years party was supposed to be a 70's dance party, but that didn't work out. Jessi and Alex had already bought this wig and brought it with them. So Wayne wore it while we played games. Hey, you can't let a good thing go to waste.


Today is my Dad's Birthday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!! It's also my Brother Ethan's 1 year mark on his Mission, so Happy Hump Day to him!!

2 comments:

Douglas said...

Wow Danielle, how are you going to stay strong when Shanna has her baby? I'm betting there will be 2 new babies in our family before I have my first.

Amber said...

I was going to say it is time for you to have one too. Our kids are the same ages! :-)

You are playing my favorite game...jealous I would love to be with you all.

Fun times.