Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Kid Crack Ups

Braxton and Mason are at such fun ages. Braxton is curious about everything and always has a lot of questions for us. He wants to know how things work and why things are the way they are. I've heard so many times about kids asking "where babies come from", and I got that question the other day. Word for word. "Mom, where do babies come from?" I told him they come from Heaven. He wasn't satisfied with that. So I told him to ask Daddy when he gets home from work. He had forgotten about it by then, so he didn't ask. I know I shouldn't avoid it, but it caught me off guard!! Why do kids need explanations?!

Mason is learning so much by following Braxton and wanting to be just like him. They both like to color and do puzzles all day. Mason is very good at push ups, sit ups, and jumping jacks. Well, as good as a 2 year old can be I guess:) He is still our little eater face. He ALWAYS has food on the brain.

During Christmas we drove around looking at lights. We came to a house with lights covering the whole yard and house. It's also the kind of display that you tune your radio station to and the lights flash along with the music. All of a sudden Mason yells "SNACKS!!!" We said snacks? Where? He said, "Look, candy cane snacks!!" Of all things, the decorations that caught his eye were 6 candy canes lining the sidewalk.

I was driving around St. George with the boys over the weekend and we passed a fast food place. Mason said, "Mom, we need to get some food." This was said about 30 minutes after eating lunch.

When we went to St. George on Friday, Braxton was looking out the car window and yelled, "Look!!! Jungle trees!!!" He recognized palm trees from our little walk in the jungle on our vacation. I kept telling him they're called palm trees, but I think he wants to stick with jungle trees.

I was listening to "Hey There Delilah" yesterday. You know, the one that says "Oh, it's what you do to me. Oh, it's what you do to me." Well, Braxton walks over to me and puts his hand on my arm, looks me in the eye, his face full of concern, and says "What did someone do to him?"

Kids are so funny, and they always keep us on our toes. The boys come up with something funny and random everyday and always have us laughing!!

2 comments:

*rOcKiN rIcHiNs* said...

Finally, someone who understand how I feel after I eat lunch! Mason and I could be great buddies!

Danielle, Where do babies come from?

Get back to me soon, we may need to sit down for the explanation.

Candi said...

Well...what was done to him? I like that song...I might have to copy you and put it on my player.
Your boys are sure cute Danielle!