They came back and told me it was a kidney infection or possibly kidney stones. So I was admitted. Prestons sister Taleena went through the Temple for the first time that Friday and then got Married the next day. So we missed everything and I felt horrible. But Preston wasn't about to leave me. Friday afternoon was the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. I would take child birth over kidney stones ANY time. For hours I just laid there in pain, throwing up, or being constantly sick to my stomach. Finally a mixture of Lortab, Zofran, and Morphine took the edge off and I was able to relax a little bit.
They gave me antibiotics through an IV and sent me home Sunday afternoon. I was feeling better but still depended on painkillers.
Late Sunday night-early Monday morning I had some intense pain again. But this time it was all in my stomach and sides. Again, hours of pain. So Monday mid-morning we went back to the ER. My blood work results came back and everything had gotten much worse since Sunday. So the Doctor thought it might be my appendix. There wasn't much they could do in Beaver so I was transported by Ambulance to St. George.
It was so weird to be the patient instead of the EMT, but it was fun to ride with friends:)
After the CT scan they told me I had 3 kidney stones. A 3 mm, 6mm, and 10 mm. So they scheduled me for a minor stint surgery the next day. My labor and delivery nurse stayed with me the whole time to monitor the baby. For a total of 4 days I constantly had the monitors around my belly. The baby never had a problem. But there was a night and half a day that I didn't feel him move at all, but they said he was just knocked out from all my drugs. Everything went ok with the stint, and I started to feel much better after the surgery. But I was still completely doped up.
They released me from the Hospital Wednesday morning and we finally got to go home knowing what the problem was, and how to fix it. They can't blast the stones while I'm pregnant, so I just have to hope they don't move again.
I couldn't have gotten through everything without Preston and my family. My Mom, Dad, and brother Kaydon dropped everything to take care of our kids and stuff around our house. They were so amazing and it was like a vacation for Brax and Mase:)
My in-laws were wonderful through everything, and always called to check on me. No one was upset or annoyed that Preston couldn't be to his sisters wedding.
Preston-WOW. He is the best. He was always right there to help me, day or night. I couldn't move during the night without him sitting up and asking if I was ok, and what I needed. I could barely stand on my own and he helped me with everything. He was so good to even sneak me some water when I was dying of thirst. I love him so much, he has been amazing! His Sergeant was so good to work with him taking all this time off, and calling to check on me.
So now this is the plan:
My Beaver Doc keeps in touch with my St. George stint Doc. The stint they put in is meant to only last about 4 weeks. So the stint Doctor wants me to be induced at 37 weeks (2 weeks from now, yikes). He wants me to have the baby in Beaver, then recover for 2 or 3 days then go back to St. George to get the stint removed, and the stones blasted. The Beaver Doc would rather wait until I'm 38 weeks, but will induce me at 37 if everything looks ok. So we'll just see how it goes. I'm really hoping the stint will last and I won't have to go in and get it replaced then removed later. It freaks me out thinking about having Braylon so much earlier than we planned on, but I can't wait for all of this to be over and to feel normal again. And we can't wait to meet our special little baby! He's the tie-breaker. Braxton and Mason can't wait to see if his hair is the color of Dad and Braxton's or Mom and Mason's:)
8 comments:
So glad you're week from hell is over and here's hoping it doesn't happen again!
I didn't know you'd picked a name....guess I'm a crappy friend.
Ok - so baby in two weeks, kidney stones blasted in two and half weeks, and back to Thursday night volleyball in three weeks?
Sweet.
Ahhh I feel so bad for you. That is what happened to me both pregnancies. I luckily passed it with Kylie and Ellis was far enough along that they induced me at 36 weeks and I got them blasted two weeks later. I hope you hang in there and everything goes ok! The blasting is awesome I didn't have any pain passing them. It was like beach sand. Weird
Good luck with everthing. I agree Kidney stones are worse than child birth!!!
oh my, what a horrible experience! i am so sorry for you! hope there are no more complications while you wait for braylon to get here!
what a scare !I am glad you guys are doing better. I hope all goes well. thank goodness for modern medicine.
oh that is horrible! I watched my husband go through kidney stones and that was enough...then to be pregnant...horrible! Good luck with your new little one!
I'm so glad you're doing better. We were all so worried about you at the wedding. I'm so excited for your little on to get here, and hoping everything goes well. Jamie is in the hospital having her little boy right now! Love you guys!
So not fun, I'm glad things are going better. If you want to laugh about Kidney Stones you should watch Modern Family when the dad got Kidney stones, you would have a great laugh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cc7ZloMmZg
Post a Comment