Monday, November 5, 2012

Rest In Peace Baljeet

Well chalk a hamster up for another pet who didn't last very long at our house.  He was a fun little guy, but now our house doesn't smell like a pet store, and there is no hamster wheel racket all night long.  So there is a definite plus side to him dying.
His death was very tragic.  He got left outside in his cage for a few hours on the hottest day of the year.  Go figure.  I can't say I FORGOT to bring him back inside after I cleaned the cage out.  That makes little boys very angry at their Mom.  I FAILED to bring him in because he loved it so much outside.  He died happy in his sleep in the sun.
Their sad little crying faces make me laugh.  It got to the point that they were forcing a good cry. 
Little Baljeet dead on the shovel.
So So Sad.
I told them to be happy and celebrate the short life of Baljeet, and always remember all the fun they had with him and blah, blah, blah...  They were truly heartbroken until their friends Tanner and Austin came over to play.  Then they tried to dig Baljeet up so they could look at the dead hamster.  They never found him.  It was very mysterious.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Haha! Poor hamster, but your post got me laughing!

Trisha said...

You are horrible, lol! And I'm surprised a super racist such as yourself would have anything named Baljeet. No wonder you left him outside...

*rOcKiN rIcHiNs* said...

You made them bury Baljeet? They had to carry him out on a shovel? This is the saddest post...but I also kind of laughed too...I so conflicted!