Monday, February 11, 2013

SHOP WITH A COP

Preston and I did SHOP WITH A COP this year.  When one of the guys that Preston works with got sick the day before shop with a cop, Preston asked me to go with him and help the kid that the other guy was supposed to have.  At first I said no, but he explained that EMT's help with it too, not just cops.  It ended up working out perfectly, because I got to help a little girl who was nervous about going.  If a guy had showed up to her house to take her shopping, I don't know that she would have gone.
She is such a sweet little thing, and has the same taste in toys that I did when I was her age.  It was all about BARBIE!!  We had so much fun!
This is her Brother.  It made it really fun for Preston and I to take a brother and sister.
Preston and I had a blast with these kids, and loved being able to do something for them to make their Christmas a little bit better.  I would LOVE to do it again next year!!

1 comment:

Candi said...

What an awesome thing to do Danielle! Makes me cry thinking about how much it probably meant to those kids. Good job you guys.