Saturday, July 27, 2013

Bantam Wrestling 2013

This would have been much easier if I had posted right after wresting season. I don't remember all the places we took the boys to wrestle, and I don't remember what place they took. But I at least know that the pictures above were at their 1st tournament of the year, in Parowan. Mason took 1st, and Braxton took 2nd.
Mason was an aggressive little monster this year. He's so cute and sweet off the mat and then BAM-he's ready to take you down! And regardless of winning or losing, he always ran right to Preston first thing to give him a hug. Braxton is at the age that losing is really tough on him. And he kind of got in the habit of letting his opponent set how aggressive he would or wouldn't be. When Braxton was slightly better than other kids, he was really aggressive. When he felt they were tougher than him, he didn't fight as hard. But he came a long way this year remembering moves and knowing when to use them.
The Beaver tournament was a lot of fun this year. I was the table help on the mat where Preston was the ref and Braxton wrestled. We paid attention to when Mason was coming up on his mat, then went over to watch him wrestle. Last year all 4 of us were on different mats, and it was a nightmare.
State was in Panguitch in a rodeo arena. Terrible place for wrestling. I remember having to cheer there in High School, and I hated it. Stupid dusty, smelly place. Right before Braxton's 2nd match, Preston told me he kept rubbing his eyes and sniffling. I pulled Braxton aside and noticed his eyes were starting to turn red and swell. He's allergic to horses, and I didn't even think about being in a rodeo arena affecting him. Our friend Amy had benadryl and we quickly gave it to him. It helped, but then he just got drowsy. He wrestled all his matches, but didn't place. I was so proud of him for wrestling even though he was itchy and tired. Mason took 4th place and got a medal. He was so excited! Good season guys!

No comments: