Mine and Preston's very first disagreement was about what to do with all the stuff kids make at school. I think it was during our very first week of Marriage. We were sitting around our Hurricane apartment going through old things trying to get rid of stuff. I had a big box of papers and pictures my Mom had saved from all my school days. It was so fun to look through! Preston thought it was crazy to hang on to all that stuff. He thinks it should just be thrown away. And I of course, disagreed. He said, "So what would you do if you came home one day and I had thrown away all our kids' stuff they made?" I said, "I would hate you." Now obviously HATE is a strong word, and I really wouldn't hate him for that, but that's what I said, I can't take it back, leave me alone. Then I really felt like crap when he said, "I would never say that to you." SO, here is our compromise: I will take pictures of all the things Braxton makes. Then when he forgets about them, I will be very sneaky in throwing them away. Some things I will keep, like certificates and awards and stuff, but I agreed to throw most things away.
Unique Kids Bed
7 years ago
3 comments:
You know what, I have some things my mom kept for me. They were really great tho. Not just little things. Mostly books and stuff we made in class. Now that I have 2 that are bringing things home, I do keep stuff. But every couple years, I have to go and weed through them and junk A LOT of it. Cause really, it's not that great.
I had heard of the taking photos idea somewhere before. It's a great idea. Way to go!
GREAT IDEA! I like the picture idea!
Just wait until you have no cooking room on your counter. I have to move twenty things off the deep freeze every time I want to get into it.
We take pics here too - or put smaller, flat projects in sheet protectors. The boys each have a special binder with photo pages in them to keep the pictures when they are developed. It works great - especially for the big projects (where on earth would I put a dinosaur diorama for the next twenty years?.
Post a Comment