Thursday Night Preston: A double header in Milford. He got home after 10:00. He told me he messed up his ankle. I rolled my eyes and said, "Oh. Did you fall again?" I didn't have any sympathy for him. But people, you have to understand-Preston is clumsy. He has very bad ankles and he falls a lot. Kind of like an old person or a toddler may fall a lot. The first time I saw him fall for no apparent reason was when we were dating. My apartment had a little tiny inch high piece of cement he had such a hard time stepping over. He also got beat up on his Mission because he couldn't clear a flower bed. I love him dearly, but he really does fall a lot. Plus he was kind of sucking the excitement out of me finishing my class. So I went to bed and he stayed up to watch a Jazz game or Sports Center or something.
The next morning he's getting ready for work at 5:30 am. I open my eyes and see him hobbling around and I have to lay there and listen to him grunt as he's putting his boots on. I had a little sliver of sympathy. I told him to take some Tylenol.
He had a long work day and didn't get home until after 5:00. Now he has a Scout Camp to get ready for. Which by the way, I usually help him prepare for, but I didn't want to treat him like a baby, so I didn't even pack his bag. He takes his boots off and.....I pretty much feel like the biggest jerk wife in the world.
He still went to Scout Camp against my wishes, so again, that lessens the sympathy level I have for him.
I think he's more annoyed about his ankle than anything. He is in 2 softball leagues right now. But he assures me he will still be able to play, maybe not this week, but most likely next.
I love you babe, and I am sorry you fell down and hurt your ankle.
5 comments:
OH my goodness, Danielle. You make me laugh. That's too bad about Preston's ankle though. I am not a real sympathetic wife either.
Wow that must have hurt!!! If it makes you feel better I think all wives kinda lose some sympathy with their husbands they can kinda be big babies and we just get used to them complaining and tune it out. :)
WOW, that is quite the bruise :)
The comment about the mission was a little mean; I thought it was a wall he didn't make it over. That's probably the worst looking ankle I've ever seen, poor guy. I probably wouldn't have had much sympathy either though, don't feel bad.
Poor Preston. Hehehe. I'm giggling because of your ice cream and brownies comment. It fixes everything! It's apparent you love your husband. They are babies sometimes.
Post a Comment