Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 2: Elitch Gardens and ROCKIES

The train station closest to our Hotel had a whole bunch of these big timers. Summer and I had fun playing with them:)

This picture makes me laugh every time I look at it!! This is on the train to Elitch Gardens.


Such a cute picture!
We thought since we didn't have any kids with us, we better hit up an amusement park! It was fun and I was a lot more daring than I've ever been. I HATE roller coasters-they terrify me and make me sick. I went on 2 coasters right in a row and felt sick for the next 2 hours. I almost lost my lunch on the Ferris Wheel, which is pretty pathetic, but it was still fun!
This is the view of the Bronco's stadium from the top of a Ferris Wheel.
We had been walking all day and were running late for the Rockies game, so each couple paid 6 bucks to ride these bike things to the stadium. Those guys that take people around are in amazing shape! They were cruising! Preston asked our guy what he would do if 2 400 pound guys tried to get in one. The guy said, "I'd take anyone!"
This is us riding in our little bike seat.
Our seats the second night were MUCH better. It was such a great game! Carlos Gonzalez made an amazing diving catch which saved the game for us!
The Rockies played the Giants and they went into extra innings.
Troy Tulowitzki hit the winning run-the score was 10 to 9.

It's amazing how much faster the games seem to get over when we're there, rather than watching them on TV-which takes FOREVER!! It was a blast to watch the Rockies play!

1 comment:

Candi said...

Danielle. Think about all the other people who have licked that timer. You should get some lab work done just to make sure you didn't pick anything up.

You guys look like you had a blast! Glad you got to go :-)