Sunday, October 10, 2010

Callin' Coyotes

Friday night-date night-me and Preston-calling coyotes. AWESOME!! Our first stand, we stayed for about 10 minutes, didn't see anything, then headed to our next spot. We sat down under some trees, and Preston did the call once. About 1 minute, 30 seconds later, I looked to my left and made eye contact with a coyote about 6 feet away from me. I was frozen with fear because I'm kind of a sissy. I had a shotgun sitting in my lap, but I didn't dare move. Preston had no idea the coyote was there until I started slapping his leg. Finally he looked over and saw him. By then the coyote had started moving back. Preston had to maneuver his gun over my head and around me to get a clear shot. KABLAM!! Got him!! Sorry babe, I choked. But nice shot! And way to go me, for spotting him-and not getting pounced!

Just a wee little guy.
Our 3rd stand, Preston called twice, and we were there for maybe 2 minutes before Preston let me know he saw a coyote coming. And it kept coming, and coming. I thought he was going to run right into Preston, until Preston barked and he stopped dead in his tracks. He turned to run and KABLAM!! Preston nailed him!! Once again, I'm sorry I didn't shoot. But I have complete faith in Preston that he will hit them, and I would most likely miss. It was such a fun date, and I can't wait until we go out again!!

Brax and Mase were so excited to hear about it and look at pictures (and the bag of coyote ears). Preston took Braxton and my Brother Kaydon out the next morning. Unfortunately they didn't see anything. Poor Brax, he still had fun, but he was disappointed.
Does this little guy need his own camo or what?!
Preston, you're such a good Dad!!

2 comments:

*rOcKiN rIcHiNs* said...

your hunting skills are so legit! who cares if you froze...you were there...that's all that counts anyway!

Coyotes are creepy. the end.

Candi said...

MAKING money on a date night instead of spending it.
Brilliant.