Thursday, March 8, 2012

Kindergarten Stuff

Happy 100 Days of School-a few months or so ago!! Braxtons class had a party for the 100th day of school. I went to help out. The kids at my table had to count out 10 different treats and put them into 10 different cups. Then they counted to 100 by 10's. It was funny to see Braxton in his element:)
Braxton and I made a Star Wars Valentines Day box. It was easy and took all of about 5 minutes. He had fun going through all his cards after school to see which ones were from girls, and contained the words "I love you". He's convinced every girl in his class wants to marry him.

Dear Braxton:
You are such a smart kid!! You are very good at reading, but you hate it. You are very good at your homework, but you hate it. I think you find cutting and pasting tedious and boring. You are learning things that your Dad and I didn't learn until we were in 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th grade. I swear the school system is trying to catch up to the Japanese. You can tell time (by the hour), you are very good at addition-but you hate to use things to help you count, you'd rather just do it in your head. You're working on subtraction now, and are picking it up quickly.

You don't like to read for me, but you'll read books to Mason and Braylon. You love to tell stories and draw pictures. The other day you told me all about the Statue of Liberty, Abraham Lincoln, The Liberty Bell, and told me some history about the American Flag.

You love show and tell. Your favorite thing to do at recess is play tether ball. You tell me you love and want to marry a different girl almost every week.
You are in the very small percentage of kids who walk or ride a bike to school nowadays (mainly because we live so close to your school), but I still like to watch you, just to make sure you make it ok. You like me to drive you to school on cold and snowy days, but you ask me to put your bike in the truck so you can ride it home.

You are such a good student, and I know you behave in class. Your reading aids and "helpers" always tell me how cute and sweet you are. We love you so much, and are so proud of how well you're doing in Kindergarten!!

No comments: