At this moment, Mason was on his way home from golfing with Preston. I had a backyard full of kids with party hats and noise makers, waiting for the man of the hour-Mason!! I am determined not to let Mason suffer from middle child syndrome. Thus the ambitious Birthday party for a bunch of 3 and 4 year old kids.
My Mom came over to help me set up for the party. We were doing pretty well on time, but kids were going to be showing up any second. Not the best timing for my neighbor to let me know that my kid broke another one of her windows. A baseball found on the ground next to broken glass tells the whole story. After taking Braxton to her house to apologize and tell her we'll pay for it, we got back to party mode.

I didn't tell Braxton about the party until the morning of. I was confident he would have pulled the "I know something you don't know" and "There's a secret that you're gonna like, but I can't tell you" stuff. But it was good to see how excited he was for Mason, and he had a blast handing hats and noise makers to all the kids as they arrived. Plus he likes it when Mason gets new toys too:) Braxton helped me deliver the invitations, and I wouldn't tell him exactly what they were for. He had it in his head they were cards for telling people good job to have a new baby. There were several times when he said, "Why did they have another baby, they already have one?!" Poor thing was very confused.



Poor little Mason did not know what to think when he came running around the corner! I video taped his response, but didn't get any pictures. It took him a few minutes to relax and enjoy the party:) He told me later that he was freaked out. And also that next time, he wants me to tell him about his party, and he wants it in the house.
He loved his Captain America cake, and super hero plates and napkins!! But the blue frosting from the cake was everywhere. All over little hands and faces. (Including my Mom and Preston).
I think this was the first friend Birthday party for a lot of the kids. Most of them opened the presents they brought. And one kid opened the present from us, but Preston grabbed it and took it inside for later, before Mason saw it:)
We played duck-duck-goose, a little ball toss game thingy, red rover, hide-and-seek, and cops and robbers. Thanks Heather for helping out with all the games!!
Mason got a lot of new toys to play with, and had fun with all his friends!! Most of these kids have older siblings that get to go to parties and have friends over all the time. Mason has shed quite a few tears watching Braxton go to parties that Mason wasn't invited to. So I think it was good to let these little guys have their turn.
This was just the "friend party", there is more to come later. Mason had enough Birthday celebrations to last him 3 years:)
Braylon was happy as can be to have a balloon to play with!
Party guests: Justin, Jeremy, Adam, Lexi and Hayden, Lily, Brylee and Lily, Trey, Marshal, Austin, Paizley, Luke, and Mone'.
1 comment:
Holy crap, that's Braylon at the end acting all big, sitting up by himself?? I need to see you more often...
Post a Comment