Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Braxton 1st Grade 2012

Brax was so excited for school, especially because he gets to go to a brand new school.  His teacher is Mrs. Joseph and his favorite thing about school is having recess 3 times!!  It was really weird at first having him gone all day, and it was hard for Mason.  But now we have the routine down and it's not a big deal.  But Braxton definitely looks forward to Fridays (short days) and days off.  He is friends with everyone in his class, and people just like to be around him.               Braxton, do you remember one day when you got home from school and told me you invited a boy in your class to come play at our house that day?  I asked you his name, and you didn't remember what it was.  I told you he wasn't coming, but I'll try to find out who it is and invite him over another day.  You insisted he was coming to play.  And I kept saying he's not.  About an hour later there was a knock on our door, and sure enough, there was the kid you invited!!  So we had a little chat about not inviting kids over without my permission:)   Braxton, do you remember another day when Dad went to pick you up from school and no one knew where you were?  He couldn't find you, the 1st grade teachers couldn't find you.  They announced for you to go to the office on the loudspeaker, and you didn't show up?  The teachers checked the bathrooms, and all over the school.  Mom was freaking out a little bit at home.  I called some friends and family and asked if they had picked you up, and no one had.  Your teacher said the last place she saw you was lining up to go outside to wait to be picked up.  We thought maybe you got on a school bus, but one of the teachers said that the Principal watches the bus pick ups closely, and would have noticed if he got on.  Finally after about 20 minutes of not knowing where you were, Dad called me and told me he found you.  You got on the bus to ride home with your 2 best friends, Tanner and Austin.  Luckily they live just a few blocks away, and I'm glad you got on the right bus!!  But Dad was not happy, and I couldn't stop crying because I was just glad you didn't get kidnapped!!  And now you know you are not supposed to ride the bus unless we tell you to:)   Love ya bud!!

1 comment:

*rOcKiN rIcHiNs* said...

I'm glad you just posted the start of school pics...it gave me courage to post Cole's a little late!

Listen...missing kids are not ok! I would have been a mess like you were!
Yikes!