Monday, September 22, 2008

HUNTING DATE

I know how much Preston enjoys being outdoors and killing things, so I asked him if I could go coyote hunting with him sometime. His face lit up like a little boy on Christmas. The next day we took Braxton and Mason to my Mom's house, and went hunting. We drove into the hills and then hiked to a prime coyote calling spot. We have to be super quiet and super stealthy. I struggle with the quiet part, especially when he starts squeeling the coyote call. It sounds pretty funny. You have to hold really still too. We stayed in our first spot for about 20 minutes, then hiked a long long ways to another hill. I worked off all the cheesy puffs I had that day. Finally we stopped at a place that wasn't nearly as nice as the first one. Time went by really fast, we were gone for over 2 hours. It started getting dark, so we decided to head back to the truck. We jumped off the hill we were on and realized we had been sitting right on top of 2 coyote dens. I was hoping there would be a bunch of little babies in there so we could cut their ears off and get tons of money. You turn in a pair of coyote ears, and they give you 20 bucks! I'm pretty sure the dens were empty, but we weren't going to stick our hands in there to find out. We didn't even see a coyote, but it was still pretty fun. He told me I was the awesomest wife he has ever had! I'd have to agree.

1 comment:

Candi said...

Danielle. You crack me up. I'm sorry you didn't get to get rich by killing baby coyotes. Better luck next time.
Oh - and that's a sweet picture of the two of you.