Tuesday, September 30, 2008

WHOSE KID IS THAT?

We have been trying to get Braxton potty trained for quite a while. I tried everything from a treat bucket, to a sticker chart, to playing baseball with him only after he goes, and nothing would stick. He used to always stand up to pee, but a friend of mine gave me a good idea of how to get him to sit. For about 3 days, I put his little toilet in the living room so he could go while watching cartoons. That worked like a charm. So now he is doing really well, and wears underwear without a problem most of the time. But lately he has decided he doesn't need to go to a bathroom anymore. The other day he went golfing with Preston. Preston hit a wild ball and it landed on the roof of the clubhouse, making a really loud noise. So everyone looked over at him. Preston turned around and there was Brax, pants around his ankles, taking a pee on the golf course. Last night we were at a softball game. Brax decided he needed to go right in the middle of the complex, he dropped his drawers and started going. I was holding Mason, and couldn't get to him very fast. Luckily Preston's cousin Kalen was there to grab him and run him over by the dugout. If I leave the front door unlocked, he goes to the bathroom in the front yard. So if anyone has tips on how to get your kid to stop peeing in public, please let us know!

2 comments:

Jared and Chrissy said...

I don't have any advice for you because I have never potty trained a child, but it is pretty funny! One of those things you know you should not laugh at but can't help it!

Candace said...

Hehehe! Sorry, shouldn't be so funny, but it is. In a cute sort of way. I love Brax he's a riot! Anyway, I don't know what to tell you since I had a girl and she was easy to potty train (I hear that boys are more difficult anyway). She couldn't just easily go outside so I never experienced that. What has Preston said to him? Maybe he will want to do it differently if Preston talks to him and explains that men don't just go wherever, that they need to go in a bathroom (unless in the mountains of course). Other than that, I have no idea. Sorry. :)