Thursday, January 29, 2009

COACH BRAXTON

It blows my mind just how much Braxton loves wrestling. He goes to practice with Preston almost every day, and he's been to a bunch of duels and tournaments. He ALWAYS wants to wear his "wrestling pants". They have two stripes down the sides "like Daddy's wrestling pants". One day he was laying on top of Mason with his arm around his head. Mason started crying and I got after Braxton. I said, "What do you think you're doing?!" To this he replied, "I'm just cross facing Mason." I didn't know what to say. I had no idea he knew some of the terms. When we watch matches, he yells DROP HIM, HALF, CROSS FACE, TAKE DOWN, and GET UP! I'm pretty sure Braxton loves sports almost as much as Preston. That makes me happy, but at the same time, wish for a girl. I could definitely see Braxton being a wrestler, and I don't know how I feel about it. It's such an individual sport, that I get really nervous, and I feel so bad for kids when they lose. But he and Preston have so much fun together, that it's worth it. For now.

3 comments:

tomandbritneyfamilyfun said...

That video of Braxton is super cute! He's going to be just like his daddy for sure! And Mason is adorable. I can't believe he's already 9 months old! Its crazy how fast they grow up!

Douglas said...

That is my nephew for sure! He sure knows his stuff. Don't worry about wrestling being an individual sport. It is a blast and you really are on a team too.

Jeannie said...

That is so funny I want Eli to be into wrestling. We should get them wrestling but Braxton is WAY farther than Eli so lets not let him whoop his but just yet.. Clint texted preston about this video it was funny!