Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Oh for the love of Pete!

The past week has been so rough. Braxton and Mason have been sick. They both had a virus which causes: fever, runny nose, cough, and watery eyes. But thankfully it's not RSV. Mason also has ear infections in both ears. To top it all off, Mason just got his first tooth, which made him even more fussy. The poor kid just wanted to sleep non-stop, but couldn't get comfortable, unless I was holding him. So I haven't done much around the house this week, which drives me absolutely crazy! Thank the Heavens above for modern medicine! But it just drives me nuts when you have to go to the doctor with sick kids. Especially our clinic here. I can go in for the smallest thing, and it always turns into a 2 hour ordeal. I called the clinic on Friday to see how soon I could get them in. The girl told me to just come in Saturday between 9:00 and 12:00. So, Saturday 9:00am I'm there! They had a sign in front of the doors telling me to go in the hospital entrance. So I called the clinic, and they told me it doesn't open until 9:30. At 9:30 I go in, they weigh the boys, and take their temperatures. Then they stick me in a room and tell me the Doctor wasn't there yet. He didn't even get there until 10:08. (I was checking the time every 5 minutes). He had about 2 minutes to talk to me before a nurse runs in and says the Doctor is needed in the ER because some lady just had a baby in her car! O.K., I know if I had baby in a car (so sorry Leslie), I would want to be priority, but come on! I've got 2 sick little kids here! Finally about 20 minutes later he came back and gave me the prescriptions, so I could take off. I was so frustrated. Preston wasn't even able to help out because he was at a wrestling tournament all day Friday and Saturday. Next time kids are sick, it's payback Preston! Both boys finally got a good nights sleep last night (which allowed me to go to a girls night out to watch "The Bachelor" wahoo!) It was so fun, I needed that. Now hopefully no one else gets sick for the rest of our lives! It could happen.
On a slightly different note:Last night we played "Book of Mormon Guess Who" for Family Home Evening. Braxton was on a team with Preston, and Mason was with me. I asked Preston if his guy had grey hair. He said no. Then Braxton said, "Nope! He doesn't have ANY hair!" Sweet! I asked 1 question and got 2 answers! Needless to say, I won!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

4 comments:

tomandbritneyfamilyfun said...

Oh, I feel for you! My kids have had the same thing for the past 2 weeks minus the ear infections. It seems like they're getting better, and then the next day they wake up with runny noses again. It's no fun at all. I wish we lived closer so I could help you out. Hang in there! Love, Britney

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Preston! I hope you had a good one! That makes me go crazy just reading about it! I'm glad it's all over. I hope you have a more....peacefull week.

Leslee said...

Wow, I just ran across your blog one day as I was checking the blogs I normally check! I dated Preston in HS, what a small world! You guys have a way cute little family! It was nice to get a little update!

Leslie said...

Hey woman, so sorry the doctor appointment took so long. I am glad to see you at church! Thanks for all your help with Jamers in Sunbeams! See u tonight