Thursday, November 14, 2013

CAMPING WITH FAMILY

During the summer we went camping with some of Preston's family. Tristalee and Jordyn, Kaylee, and Hollee. I didn't like this particular camping spot. I didn't like it from the beginning, but according to Preston-it's not camping if you see another human being besides the ones you came with. So we had to be off somewhere we knew no one else would want to go. Preston, remember the "discs" the boys found hanging in the tree? That was bad. The rain seemed to pour down on our campsite, and just drizzle around us. I drove down to a bathroom one morning, and left my sunglasses by the door, never to be seen by me again. I had to be in town before 6:00am to man an ambulance for the CRUSHER IN THE TUSHAR, and the alarm on my phone wouldn't work. So it was almost midnight when I drove the 45 minutes home to sleep for a few hours before I had to wake up to get ready for the bike race. The others had a great day full of fishing while I was gone. Unfortunately, I forgot to pack the pancake mix, so they just had cold cereal for breakfast. After a full day of watching the bike race on the mountain, I went home and picked up the pancake mix, a couple pizza's, and my brother Kaydon and headed back up the mountain. He camped with us one night, and talked us into missing church the next morning so he could camp a little longer. No, not really, I talked him into missing church. And I was so inspired by the amazing bike riders the day before, that I was convinced I could ride my bike a little ways up a mountain. Nope, sure couldn't do it. I don't think I even made it a block before I had to get off and walk. Kaydon and Brax were with me, and Kaydon rode ahead to tell Preston to come pick me up. Dang Kaydon and his ability to ride a bike up a mountain! Preston was supposed to pick me up, but instead told me I was pretty close and should just keep riding. And also, if Braxton can do it, I can do it. Curse his supportive words of encouragement! I rode/walked the rest of the way. Braxton stayed with me so I wouldn't be scared:) It was a fun camping trip, but probably the most unorganized and tiresome camp-out I've been on. My fault for scheduling it the same weekend as the bike race.
Braxton had my camera for a little while and took pictures when we got home. I've never taken pictures of AFTER the camping trip, so it was a fun idea! It's amazing how much stuff we can cram into this little trailer.

No comments: