Friday, November 15, 2013

First Day Of School 2013

Braxton is in 2nd grade and has Mrs. Dalton. Mason has Mrs. Sagers for Kindergarten. Braxton wasn't nervous for the first day, he was just sad the summer was over.
Mason was scared to death to start school. He was afraid he wouldn't know what to do, or where to sit, and not make any friends. He tried so hard not to cry when I gave him a hug and said goodbye. It helped that he had a few kids in his class that he knows, so he sat down and started playing with one of them. Then he was ok. When I picked him up, he said "I love school! I didn't need to be so scared!" He couldn't wait to go back the next day:) He has afternoon kindergarten, and didn't think it was fair that Braxton got to go to school first thing in the morning, and he had to wait until after lunch.
They both really like their teachers, and are doing really well in school. They've each made new friends, and have so much fun at recess! Braxton is good at reading and homework, but he doesn't want to do it, and rushes through it. His whole world revolves around playing. But, he does well with his tests, and is right where he needs to be. Mason loves homework and wishes his teacher gave him more. He has made huge improvements since the first of the year. He has great handwriting, and he's a perfectionist with his homework, so it takes him longer, but looks great in the end. Braylon has gotten used to the boys being gone, and knows when it's time to take them and pick them up. He brings me his shoes and says, "Guys, school." It breaks his heart when Preston is home and I try to leave him with Preston while I get the kids. So even when Preston is home, Bray has to go with me to drop them off and pick them up.

No comments: