This afternoon I had to go pick the Durango up from an auto shop. I needed to get it before Preston got home from work, just in case they closed early or something (like they did yesterday). So I got the boys ready to go, and I went outside to get the stroller from the shed. As I was walking out the front door I said, "Braxton leave the door open, and don't lock it." I got the stroller and went to the front door to get the boys. LOCKED. I was mad, but I knocked softly so I wouldn't scare Mason. Braxton said "Who is it?" I told him it was Mommy and he needed to open the door. He said, "Come in." I had to put it in terms he would understand so I said, "Twist the button. Turn the lock. Spin the button." I saw the doorknob moving and I knew he was trying, but he didn't understand. I said, "You locked the door, now you need to unlock it so I can come in." To this he replied, "You lock the door! Open it Mom!" I could hear Mason just screaming in the house. He had rolled over to his tummy and he hates that. We repeated this conversation for a few minutes, and I was getting nowhere. So I went the the neighbors house and asked to use the phone. I called my Mom because she lives nearby and has an extra key. Luckily she was home and said she'd be right over. She brought the key, and I got in the house. Braxton said, "Yay, you did it Mom!" I said, "You're such a pain." He replied, "No, I not a pain, I Braxy." Poor Mason had been screaming bloody murder for 10-15 minutes. Flippin Brax.
6 comments:
I love all your posts! Your family is so cute!! Reagan wishes he had boys to play with, Lindie will watch sports for a minute if daddy will play dolls.
Lucky you have a great mom that lives close! Pretty funny though, I think I would have panicked a little bit while I imagined all the trouble my child could get into alone in a house!
Oh Danielle, I wish your life was filmed and I could sit down and watch it every afternoon after a long day at work. That would be the best.
Hey Danielle! Logan and I were just talking about you guys and I said... I bet she has a blog. LOL. I am glad to see that everything is going just wonderful for you guys. We are finally expecting our first.. Hooray! Keep in touch!
Probably didn't seem funny at the time but that will be a funny cute story you can tell Braxton when he gets older!
Awww. How cute. I mean, I feel so sorry for you! That is so awesome that your family lives just down the street.
Post a Comment