Saturday, December 12, 2009

Oh tHe ThiNGs MomS Do...


Mason HATES wearing gloves, so he constantly pulls them off. Then he comes crying to me when the cold cold snow is on his hands. Next time, I just might break out the duct tape.



Did I really want to go out in the snow at 9 in the morning? Absolutely not. But I had 2 little boys begging me to let them play outside. Once we get out there, I'm fine. It's getting READY to go out that I don't look forward to. Layering clothes, snow pants, snow boots (which are a pain to put on little feet), gloves (which are an even bigger pain to put on little fingers), hats that never seem to stay in place-all for 30 minutes of snow time, only to come inside and put all the stuff I just got out- away. It's a good thing I love these little guys! But I do enjoy the hot chocolate we drink when we come inside!
During Masons nap the other day, Braxton asked me if we could make a choo choo train tunnel. I thought ok, sounds easy enough. I cut some holes in a cardboard box and voila, a tunnel!! But he wanted his tunnel to be red. So we painted it red.
Then he decided it resembled a barn. So he wanted a roof for his tunnel barn. This is sounding a little like the If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, and If You Give a Moose a Muffin books. So I got another cardboard box out along with some duct tape that I told him does not need to be painted because I had already rinsed out the brushes with red paint on them.
His ghetto tunnel barn had to have a ladder (which he painted himself).
We finished just before Mase woke up from his nap.
20 minutes of fun on the kitchen floor.....priceless.

4 comments:

Douglas said...

Just like his uncles! Remember the year that Ethan got a big fridge box? Makes for a cheep Christmas. Braxton would be ok with a cardboard ship.

tomandbritneyfamilyfun said...

I know exactly how you feel about the layering of snow stuff just to go outside for a few minutes, I hate it too!! Your boys are getting so big, and I have to say, Braxton is a lot braver than Carleigh, she is terrified of Santa, so we had to write him a letter instead of sitting on his lap! Hope you guys all have a merry christmas!

Robyn said...

your boys are so awesome.

Amber said...

You are amazing! Super cool mom! The happiness it brings is worth our trouble....most of the time right :-)!