Wednesday, December 30, 2009

HapPY BirTHdaY, KiLL sOMe BirDS!!!

Happy Birthday Preston!! This particular day wasn't Prestons b-day, but this is what he chose to do for his b-day. December 26th, (his actual Birthday) was spent just relaxing at home-just like he wanted. We went out for breakfast and rented a movie to watch while the boys were napping. AND I didn't ask him to help with anything all day. It was a long day for me.
A few weeks ago Preston called me and said, "Whatever you got me for my Birthday, send it back. I know what I want." He wanted to go Pheasant hunting. His friend Jared invited him to go, so we went.
All these guys in their camo, getting ready to hunt.
This is Jared's dog Fritz (or something like that) and his brother Jake. That dog is amazing. We stepped right over birds and didn't even know it until the dog pointed to the bushes we were walking over. I just have to say, it's terrifying to have a pheasant fly out in front of you. It takes me a minute to get my heartbeat under control, meanwhile Preston is yelling at me to hurry up and shoot. They can't take me by surprise like that, I hate it!


Brett, Preston, Jared, Kenny, Hiro (Kenny's Japanese exchange student) Sheldon, and Jake.
Our group paid for 16 and shot 16. Jared said that's the first time his group has been 100% for shooting the birds they paid for. It's all thanks to that awesome dog! Thanks Jared, for inviting us, it was so much fun!
Preston shot 2 and I shot 1. I shot the tail feathers right off my bird, you can see them sitting on the fence post. I didn't want to miss, so I shot when it was very close to me. Annihilation.
This was an accident that happened 5 seconds in front of us coming home on the freeway. Everyone seemed to be o.k. There was another car and a semi involved that I didn't get pictures of.


Braxton thought the birds were so awesome. Poor little guy can't wait to shoot something!
Thanks Mom and Kaydon, for watching the boys!

The video is kind of long, so after the 2 birds are shot, no others are shot. There's a bird that gets chased, but it never flies. I have a video of me shooting a bird and feathers go flying everywhere, but I can't get it to load. Just trust me when I say I shot one.

1 comment:

Jessica and Justin said...

You guys are such a cute family. I can't wait till we move home and we can hang out!!