Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sweet Family Reunion

MASON*BRANDON*MAYA
My Mom's side of the family is pretty spread out, so we don't get to see each other very often. So my Grandma Sweet set up a Reunion in the Beaver Mountains for all her kids and their families. They weren't all able to make it, but we had a lot of fun with the ones who were there!


Grandma Cindy playing a game of BINGO with the kids.

BUBBLES






Grandpa and Grandma Sweet.




At the end of the grown-up paintball battle, the kids got a turn to shoot. My Dad let them shoot him while he ran around in the field. They had to stop shooting when he put his arms up. He's such a good sport!! A few days later, all Braxton and Mason wanted to do was play "Grandpa jump da ditch and den we shoot him wif our guns!" Mase and I would take turns with wooden guns to shoot Brax after he jumped a ditch. He just jumped from the playroom into the hall, and that was the ditch. Then he put his hands up and we had to stop. Next he walked over to us, turned around, and we counted all the times we hit him with our pretend paintballs. Then Mason would run while Brax and I shot. So on and so forth ALL DAY.



Pointing out his paintball splatters. He was amazed.
A few people wanted to swim, but it was too cold, so we skipped rocks instead.

Some people just threw rocks to see how big the splash could be.








Mason cut his hand and no one was allowed to touch him.
Chillin' on Grandpa's lap during FHE. Five minutes later.....
Out cold.
Some people call this place 3Creeks. My friend Trisha and I (and now Preston) call it Triple Brooks. Clever, I know.


My Dad walked out into the water ever time a kid got the line stuck. Thanks!

Too cute!
We had 6 kids with us, and all of them caught a fish, except for Brax. He was so nice to cast it out for them, then let them have a turn. Total, we caught 9 or 10 fish.
My cousin Janae and her Husband Cody made some corn on the cob to die for!! I don't like corn, but I loved that!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I love you blog! I want to come play...I know I say that a lot but man the kids would have fun and we would have fun. We are coming to Utah in October hope to see you all. I love all your pictures but that family pic of you guys is great!

Trisha said...

Yes! Thank you for the shout out to Triple Brooks! We really are extremely clever.