We got off the boat and went to our Hotel. We weren't flying out until the next morning. We got to our Hotel around 11:00 am and they wouldn't let us check in until 2:00 at best. The hotel had a whole bunch of brochures full of things we can do in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. So Preston decided he wanted to go deep sea fishing. Yes people, after our 7 day vacation on a boat, he thinks he needs to deep sea fish. Wayne, Shanna, and Kaylee wanted to go too. Preston decided to take Braxton. So I gave Braxton ONE Meclizine (for sea sickness). I got TWO out for Preston. He set them on the table while he went to get a drink. Preston comes back and, hmm....that's funny, I thought I set my pills right here on the table. Braxton said, "I ate your medicine Dad." Holy Crap. My 40 pound boy just took 3 Meclizine.
I didn't want him to be scared, so I tried to stay calm-but really, I was freaking out. So I called poison control. I told him how many pills Brax took, how many mg's in each pill, and how much Braxton weighed. The guy told me he should be ok, but I'd have to watch him closely for the next 6-8 hours. Deep sea fishing was out of the question. The poison control guy said that Brax would most likely crash in the next couple of hours. The thing I had to worry about was, if he got into a really deep sleep, he could swallow his tongue or choke on his own saliva.
He ended up being just fine and did sleep for about 2 hours, but I think it was just an every day nap. I wouldn't say he "Crashed".
I'm so glad we took our kids, it was a lot of fun to have them with us!! But our next cruise, will be just Preston and I:) Thanks Mickell-for being the ONLY one who was excited for us when she heard we were taking our kids-she's done it, she knows how fun it is. Everyone else thought it was so dumb. I can't help it if we're a fun family and I love to take my kids everywhere!!!
We had so many people on the planes and in the airports tell us how good and well behaved our boys are. I love to hear that!! Braxton and Mason, you guys were so good, I'm so proud of you!! They stayed in their seats on the plane, and they weren't loud and obnoxious. Mason cried a little bit when he was tired, but other than that, they were VERY good.
*Mason*
-I loved it when you would race to Camp Carnival, and as soon as you saw the door you said, "Ah ha!!"
-I loved watching your chubby little hands reach for cookies at dinner:)
-It was awesome to see how much fun you had at the beach.
-I loved hearing you first thing in the morning saying, "Mom, I wanna wake up now."
-You had so much fun on the miniature golf course. You tried each hole 2 or 3 times. You put the ball right next to the hole and kept trying until you made it in the hole in 1 shot.
-I loved watching you fall asleep on Daddy's shoulder.
-I didn't always like waking up to a pillow falling off of your bed and onto my head during the night, but it was fun to sleep so close to you!!
-You pretended you saw a shark in the water every time we looked over the railing.
-You were so excited to win a medal from Camp Carnival for being a great dancer.
-One windy day we went miniature golfing. I knew right where you were. The next time I looked over, you were gone. I could barely see your legs sticking up above hole 4. I ran over to you and you were crying. You said, "Mommy I can't get up!!" The wind knocked you over and it was too windy for you to stand up:)
I love you!
*BRAXTON*
-I was so impressed and proud of you for how nice you were to Mason during our trip. You always held his hand and waited for your little brother.
-I loved watching you try to eat jell-o every night with a fork.
-You didn't want to go on the waterslide by yourself at first, but as soon as you went down, you loved it and wanted to go over and over.
-You were constantly saying "Hi" to people we didn't know, and you would stop and talk to them about what you did that day.
-You were so nice and polite to everyone, and always said please and thank you.
-I loved watching you try to snorkel:)
-You were so brave to jump off the water trampoline all by yourself.
-I'm sorry I got mad at you when you spilled hot chocolate everywhere-but thank you for helping me clean it up.
-You stayed with Mason every morning while I got breakfast for you and Mason.
-I loved watching you race Mason to camp carnival, and slow down when Mason fell behind. You were so nice to let him catch up.
-I love that you named your lion Jackson and call him your son:)
-I loved how excited you were to see the airplanes.
-When we were watching a live show you looked down and saw the band and said, "Look Mom, rockstars." You're awesome!
-You wore your Bronco's hat all over the place, and people asked you about the bronco's. You told them you love the Broncos and Kyle Orton is #8, the quarterback.
I love you.
*PRESTON*
-I'm not a mushy person, so I'm not going to get all mushy now, but I love you. Thank you for letting us take the boys with us, I know you really didn't want to. I had so much fun with you, and can't wait to go again!!
No comments:
Post a Comment