Wednesday, December 1, 2010

ISLA ROATAN, HONDURAS-November 18th

Checking out the sunken ship outside.
Isla Roatan was foggy and rainy. The island looked gorgeous!




We hadn't really planned anything for this port, but Preston wanted to go zip-lining sometime on our cruise, and we were running out of days. Since it was so rainy I didn't want to take the boys off the ship with us, so we took them to Camp Carnival. They were more than happy to hang out there for the day!!
We met up with Cheryl, Lisa, and Cassidee to do some shopping and browsing.


I really didn't want to zip-line in the rain, but how do you say know to Preston's sweet little face?!

Fine then, I'll do the dumb zip-line!! I am terrified of heights, so this isn't really something I had ever planned on doing. I was shaking really bad. I asked the guys hooking me up how high the zip-line is, and they said 900 feet. Ok, that was it for me, I'm done. They laughed and said, "No, no. 30-40 feet only." The drive to the first perch was the scariest part for me. Some little guy driving a big truck up a steep mountain in the mud-freaky!! I wanted to ask him to let Preston drive:)


These aren't pictures I took, (I couldn't get my camera out in the rain), so I googled CLIP 'N' ZIP and stole these pictures from their website. I am so clever. It was really pretty and slightly fun, but I still wish it hadn't been raining so we could have enjoyed it more. Thanks babe, for guilting me into being brave!! This was Preston's favorite excursion, and my least favorite. I'm a chicken.

Since we ditched the boys all morning and afternoon, we hung out with them at camp carnival during the parent-kid playtime. We did BUILD A BEAR with them.
This is Anna, my favorite counselor at camp carnival. She always called Mason her boyfriend. The kids loved her!!!
Mason chose FUNSHIP FREDDY.
Brax chose a LION with a baseball uniform and a biker leather jacket outfit. The leather pants never made it home with us. He named his lion JACKSON. He calls him his son.




It was always a race to our cabin. Mason gets so mad when people beat him at ANYTHING, and Braxton likes to torment him. So Braxton always won. But at least this particular time Braxton stopped to let Mase catch up.
Preston and I needed to check some things on the internet, and the line was really long. So we left Braxton with Prestons family and took Mason with us. He fell asleep on my shoulder. Then I took him back to the room.
My boys don't usually take naps anymore. They had to have naps everyday on the cruise, or else they fell asleep at dinner.
It became a nightly thing to take kids to Camp Carnival after dinner, while we watched shows or did whatever we wanted.

This was their favorite elevator, because they can see everything.
Lisa helping everyone find their name tags.
Wayne, Shanna, Kaylee, Taleena, and me. Preston took the picture. Doesn't Taleena's hair look awesome?! Some lady at one of the ports braids hair for $.

No comments: