Monday, December 1, 2008

HOLGREEN PARTAY

We went up to Syracuse on Saturday to have Thanksgiving with the Holgreen side.


This little blonde is Cassidy. She and Braxton shared the same due date, but Cassidy was born exactly two weeks before Braxton.



















Lightning lineup


I didn't get very good pictures of the Holgreen Thanksgiving, I just used my phone. But it was a whole lot of fun! We went to Auntie Lisa's church and ate, played games, and visited. Right after lunch a bunch of the cousins (and Prestons Mom of course), played lightning. It was funny to see how into it some of the boys get. After lightning we played potato ball. I had never heard of it. I guess it's a game Uncle Roger taught the boys years ago. It's a fun version of football. I would say Cheryl was the MVP. She caught one of Prestons passes that was intended for Braden. He threw it really hard. I hate to be the recipient when Preston throws, it's terrifying.
While we were cleaning up the church, I got a phone call from by Brother Doug. I hate phone calls that you can tell right away are serious. He told me there had been a 4-wheeling accident in my Grandpa's backyard. He said my cousin Ashley was o.k., but another family member, Jubal, didn't make it. He was 6 years old. So instead of staying at Lisa's house, we came home to be with the family. It's been really hard for all the family members, but I'm so thankful we have the Gospel in our lives, and know we'll see him again.

3 comments:

tomandbritneyfamilyfun said...

It was so good to see you guys on Saaturday. Your boys are adorable! I'm sorry you had to leave on such a sad situation. I hope your family is doing okay, you are in our prayers. Have a great Christmas, and hopefully we'll see yu guys again soon.

Camren and Tiffany said...

So sorry to hear about the sad time for your family.We will be thinking and praying for your family.

Amber said...

NO NO I wasn't expecting that. I am so sorry for you all. I will keep you in our prayers. Man I hate that. Thank goodness for the gospel but it is still hard to loose them. Oh I am sorry.....